Are you looking for a super easy low carb weekday lunch or dinner recipe? This easy low carb turkey salad has 32 grams of protein, just 15 grams of carbs and 18 grams of fat making it a satisfying meal.
I love turkey because it’s a low inflammatory protein. In fact, when I was starting out on my journey to heal, I discovered I had sensitivities to salicylates and amines. Turkey was one of the few proteins I could have that were low in both.
Note that if you can’t find turkey easily, you can make a swap to a free range, organic chicken instead.
The easy low carb turkey salad is gluten and dairy free for those with thyroid issues, autoimmune disease or gut imbalances! It’s also low carb for those which insulin resistance, diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Be sure to test this easy low carb turkey salad out and let me know what you think!
Ready to rebalance your hormones? I’ve got a waitlist started for my Summer Fabulous Over 40 Program! No commitment to join the waitlist my friend. Hope to see you there!
- For the salad:
- 1lb. (450g) cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1 cup (70g) white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (70g) red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cup (100g) bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp. coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup (30g) almonds, chopped
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup (60ml) tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Prep all the vegetables, wash and peel where necessary. Place the shredded cabbage, turkey breast, peppers, radishes, sliced onions, grated carrot, coriander and almonds in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Make the salad dressing by blending all the dressing ingredients together until creamy.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss to cover. Serve straight away or store in the fridge until required.