I can’t tell you how many bread recipes I’ve tried. I posted my super easy flourless bread recipe here and I still love it! But sometimes I like something a little more firm. In my experimentation, I’ve realized what I react badly too and what I can eat with abandon! Ok, not really with abandon but I can have a couple pieces before I feel like I overdid the carbs.
You might wonder why not just buy some gluten free bread from the grocery store? Have you looked at the ingredients lately? Trader Joe’s has gluten free bread that has sugar as a third ingredient, a number of low nutrient value starches and of course veggie oils.
It’s not that different with other breads as well though some will add in teff or amaranth. Maybe some quinoa. The challenge then is not just the sugars added, it’s the carbs. Many gluten free breads are 25g of carbs per slice!
Enter in this almond flour bread recipe that’s just 10 grams of carbs per thick slice. Unlike many Keto friendly bread recipes, this doesn’t taste overly eggy.
1/4 cup coconut oil – melted
1/4 cup unsalted grass fed butter or grass fed ghee melted
1 tsp baking powder – aluminum free
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, melt the oil and ghee if not already melted. Line a loaf pan or glass dish with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil. I usually line the bottom with parchment paper and then grease the sides.
- Whisk eggs using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer for 2 minutes. Then add the oil and ghee, keep mixing.
- Add in the baking powder, almond flour and salt.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Be sure to let it cool before cutting into it.
Let me know how you like this recipe! Leave a comment, follow me on social media @jessicagreenwellness or email me at email@example.com.