I don’t bake often but lately I’ve been craving cookies. I’ve been testing out recipes and making adjustments to them over the past year and finally have a recipe to share with you for chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are light and a little crunchy when they cool.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 3/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (Lakanto)
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups fine almond flour (Bob’s Red mill)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the coconut oil and monk fruit sweetener until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add baking soda, fine almond flour and salt and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and mix slowly until incorporated. (at this point you can store in the fridge to bake the next day if you want or if you’re like me, go ahead and bake away!)
- Using a cookie scoop or a couple of tablespoons, form cookies and place onto parchment lined sheet (you can use two sheets to save time). Bake for 10-13 minutes (depending on your oven) until just beginning to turn golden brown.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook @jessicagreenwellness or sign up for my newsletter (sign up bar to the right) for more tips on health and nutrition.