I was inspired by this month’s Paleo magazine Slow Cooker Jerk Pork. But ran into a snag when I accidentally broke my slow cooker! Also Jerk spice has sugar in it so that wouldn’t work so well for me so this is my slow roasted version of pulled pork with jerk like seasoning! This is served on top of cauliflower rice and topped with avocado and bits of pineapple. This is paleo friendly! Hope you enjoy it!
2-3 lb pork shoulder
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 stp cumin
2 tsp monkfruit
1 tsp mustard seed powder
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup paleo primal ketchup
2 cups filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F
- In a roasting pan or dutch oven (I used a dutch oven), coat bottom with oil, set the pork shoulder in the pan. I removed the string holding it all together.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients. Rub the pork shoulder with the spice mixture. Add the pineapple on top of the pork.
- Place 1 cup of the filtered water into the pan and place the pan in the oven for 30 minutes
- Combine the vinegar and ketchup in a small bowl and use a baster to baste the pork
- Cook for 2 more hours basting every hour
- Add one more cup of water to the pan and cover. Cook for 2.5 to 3.5 hours until the thermometer reads 180 degrees F. Then remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Use forks to pull the pork apart. I use a knife to get it started and then forks to make smaller pieces.
Ready to create the healthy lifestyle you want and reverse chronic disease? Schedule your free discovery call with me to see if you’re ready for your health transformation.
Or, interested in more health tips, check out my youtube channel.