I’m excited to share this recipe as it’s a typical Swedish Christmas tradition. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Makes 8 buns
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon saffron – ground with mortar and pestle
Raisins – two per bun if using an S shape
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons applesauce
4 tablespoons filtered water
1/2 cup nut milk (I used macadamia nut)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix to combine
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, using the electric mixer combine until doughy and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into 8 balls. Roll balls into 6 to 8 inch long pieces and shape into traditional S shape. Note the dough will be crumbly so it’ll take some finesse to shape it. Add a raisin into each crevasse of the S shape.
- Place onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the top starts to get slightly golden and the bread is spongy.
For more simple recipes, download my free Elimination Detox Diet sample recipes here.