It’s that time of the year! Halloween! I love carving pumpkins. I also love to roast the pumpkin seeds. What a fantastic treat to help stave off eating halloween candy.
These fantastic seeds are:
-High in antioxidants
– Improve prostate and bladder health
– High in magnesium, zinc, iron and manganese
– High in fiber
– Can help lower blood sugar
Super Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
pumpkin seeds – from your freshly carved pumpkin
olive oil – just enough to coat the seeds
himalayan sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Separate out the pumpkin seeds from the stringy pumpkin pulp and rinse them off
2. I dried mine off just a bit with a paper towel
3. Place in a bowl and add just enough olive oil to give them a thin coat, and stir to coat evenly.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread seeds out on the sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Put into oven for 20 minutes, using a spatula to stir every 5 minutes to ensure they are roasting evenly.
This treat can be a part of a healthy and detoxifying diet. Download my free Elimination Detox Diet quick guide on my homepage.